Tuesday, August 25, 2015

-What is your previous computer experience?

I have experience on my macbook pro, and learned how to use a computer on a mac. I've used iPhoto for my photography in high school. I have a general feel overall for computers but could definitely use more experience for creating on a computer.

-What do you hope to get out of this class?

I hope to feel confident in creating different types of digital imaging on my mac.

-What is the relationship between computers and visual studies?

With technology progressing at a rapid rate, computers have almost become our main way of looking at and understanding things visually. While it should not be the only way in which we do that, we use computers all the time, and they have become our window into the visual world around us: for better or for worse.

-What is your relationship with photoshop and illustrator?

I have no experience with illustrator, but some with photoshop for editing my photographs.

-Do you have a computer at home, if so photoshop and illustrator?

Yes, I have my macbook pro at home. It does not have illustrator but it has photoshop. 


My favorite artist is Frida Kahlo. She not only inspires me as an incredible artist, but as a person with both her strong beliefs and ideas towards sexuality, morals, and philosophy. 

My favorite musician is Mac Demarco, but I enjoy many different types of bands and music. Right now I am really into sounds that were popular in the 80s, as it seems to be making a comeback in the underground music scene.

This past summer, I travelled to Nicaragua with a social enterprise called the Pulsera Project. Nicaragua is a whole different world, visually and culturally and it was very stimulating being thrown into the mix of the two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment